Monday, January 14, 2013

Facebook Monday: Quarantine


For the past few days, Addison and I have been sick. Which means we have both watched a lot of cartoons while cuddled up in blankets. And I've eaten jello for every single meal today (I'm supposed to feed it to Addison, but she's been refusing it). Lindsay's mostly a good sport about it, but she did play this video for me:



So, I'd just like to point out that I loaded and unloaded the car by myself in sub-freezing temperatures at two different hotels and when we got home, all in the midst of my agony. I am a freaking hero. Also, here's the Facebook conversation for the week, which still makes me shudder when I think of Addison's really, really gross stuffed bunny:

**************************************

Addison: GGggh. (Glottal Stop). Blech...BLEECCHHH! 
Me: Whoa! What's going...take that bunny's ear out of your mouth, would you? You're gagging yourself! 
Addison (tentatively): I gag myself. 
Me: Yeah, seriously, just stop that. Your Bunny's ear is gross, anyway. You'll be doing yourself a favor. 
Addison (using her "I just made a funny!" laugh): Ha ha! I gag myself! That's so funny! 
Me: Yes, well, very funny. But if you puke on me, I will be very sad. No more bunny ears in your mouth, okay? 
Addison (sighing): Okay. 
We did end up making it through Despicable Me and Toy Story 2 without any messes, and Addison even felt good enough to perform Dora's "We did it!" song and dance when Buzz helped Woody and Jessie off the airliner to safety.

Good luck with the sick season, y'all. To infinity, and beyond . . .

10 comments:

  1. "But if you puke on me, I will be very sad." I believe I coined that phrase. Very funny. I hope Addison feels well soon, but you, well... you're pretty funny when you are sick. I'm just sayin'.
    I always enjoy your posts, and your cartoons ROCK.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bill, your phrase is now legend. And, given my track record, some obnoxious remnants of the tortuous experience will remain for a while. Blast you, post-nasal drip.

      Delete
  2. Hi Neal,

    That was a funny video. Who knew that fact-based fiction could be so amusing. The man-cold is serious business.

    Addison's bunny ear reminds me of my daughter's Elmo doll (the small one. Pre-Tickle Me). She carried it everywhere and always had the doll's left hand in her mouth. It was shredded grossness after a while. One day, at the end of a stroller walk, we realized that she had dropped him. We retraced our steps, but no luck. He was lost! The replacement, which I went out to buy immediately, was not exactly the same. She knew. Many days of sadness followed.

    I hope that you're both feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're mostly better, thanks Ray. We may have to "lose" Addison's Bunny if we want to avoid being the modern version of Typhoid Mary. But gross as the thing is, we know she loves it more than she loves us. So it truly will be sad.

      Delete
  3. Hope you're both feeling better, there's so many bugs going round at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kinda seems like you're describing 1954's Them!, Ratty. But thanks, we're mostly better now, in the body if not in the mind.

      Delete
  4. We have Puppy in our house - an everyone who knows my son, knows Puppy too - no exaggeration. Puppy's ears & tail are major sources of chewing & sucking & have been for over 2 years now (and I fight from gagging when that's going on). When we went cold turkey no-pacifier, Puppy got chewed on all over his body. We started out with one Puppy, just as a baby shower gift that he initially didn't pay much attention to. Then it became the end-all-be-all & when it was regularly an unbelievably smelly & wet mess, I realized we needed a backup, so they could take turns in the washer. After a search that seemed hopeless, by total chance, I found Puppy in Hallmark & bought a backup. That was determined definitely not enough. Got another backup. Then he had his first stomach virus where all 3 puppies had to take turns in the washer. I bought a 4th backup & packed it up, just in case of extreme emergency (considering how different a new Puppy looks from an old Puppy - it'd have to be pretty extreme now).
    Maybe you'll be lucky & Bunny will show up somewhere & can be your backup.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We've actually looked a bit to find a replacement bunny if (when) the day comes that she either loses it or it's so chewed up it just has to go. Haven't found one yet.

      But, sooner or later, she WILL have to let the bunny go. It's probably good that she's got a bunny, which matches up pretty well with the Knufflebunny series.

      Delete
  5. oooh funny. My Mr 2 has a bunny too... He calls it Waddit. And he sucks on its ears! GROSSS! They always smell like morning breath, no matter how often I wash them! And my kids also think it's funny to shove things down their throats til they gag!

    My brother had an elephant when he was tiny, and when he was 4 my parents "lost" it because it was falling to bits, and they wanted to save it for when he was older. He recently admitted that he still remembers the trauma of having lost him! It worries me a little about what will happen when "Waddit" kicks the bucket!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kristin, I'm pretty sure the ears on these things could be used as biological weapons.

      And whenever Addison loses her bunny for good, I'm pretty sure that's the day that death will be real to her.

      Delete