Friday, October 31, 2014

The Jabberwocky

video

If you've been around a while, you've probably noticed that I'm a little curmudgeonly about holidays and parties and anything that involves interaction with other people. But despite all the things that make me twitch, there's something I always look forward to on Halloween.

Every year we try to do a project, something that we'll remember and care about years down the road, something more than just a cute costume. Last year my three-year-old made it through the entirety of Edgar Allan Poe's The Raven. Dang, I was proud of her. The year before that, my daughter was the star of her own Halloween horror story.

This year, my four-year-old pirate princess takes a Jabberwocky's head for a prize. *

You're welcome.

*No mythical creatures were harmed in the making of this video.

4 comments:

  1. Oh my god. This is so fantastic. I can't wait until one of her first teachers talks to her about nonsense words and she schools her teacher with Jabberwocky.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, dbs. She enjoyed it. She particularly enjoyed whacking things with her stick.

      Delete