Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Eat your peas or get out



So, I love my daughter, but if there's one thing I've learned about parenting, it's that kids have to learn about consequences.

We've got the phrase "learn things the hard way" for a reason. In our family, we ALWAYS learn things the hard way.

Or not. Lindsay says I'm actually kind of a push-over. This was a photo that Lindsay had taken with a professional photographer, but it was mostly just cute before. Now, it's also a little wrong, which means it's actually much better. I'm kind of tempted to make a children's book like this.

Also, this is just to balance out the kind of emotional piece I completed for my post on Dadcentric this Friday (it's a Father's Day piece). Because, sometimes you sort of wish the kids would be able to survive for a little while without you, so you could, like, go bowling or something. But then, other times, you never want to let them go. But then, other times you wish you could just nudge them out the door and they'd bring money back at the end of the day.