Wednesday, January 16, 2013

On watching her sleep.

We're all slowly recuperating around here. Addison's been a mite bit sensitive for the past few days. Our little girl who doesn't usually like to be touched very much told me this evening, "Daddy, I just want you to cuddle me and watch a show." Well, that's pretty hard work for a dad, but I took one for the team and held the little critter on my lap. She leaned her head back on my chest, and her hair smelled like peanut butter and dirt (we're almost done digging up those roots). It was nice.

When I put her to bed, I gave her a hug and a kiss but forgot to say, "I love you." As I was shutting the door,  she shouted it to me.
"Daddy! Hey! I yuv you!"
I keep looking in on her tonight. A lot of nights I don't think twice about it, but tonight I can't stop watching her sleep. Through the crack of the door, I can just barely see her little chest rise and fall. Her blankets are in disarray. Her bunny clutched in one hand. Sweet dreams, kid.